Join Our Team
Are you looking to make an impact? Spend your summer with the Impact Center! Our internship program offers excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial mission-driven organization. The Impact Center is a national organization that empowers emerging and accomplished leaders to leverage their talents, skills, and passion in order to have a greater impact on their organizations, communities, and our society. The Impact Center is committed to developing the next generation of inclusive leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
The Impact Center’s internship program fosters professional development for graduate and undergraduate students in a variety of majors. Interns collaborate with our staff on key projects to develop strong analytical, research, and writing skills. Our internship program is unique because we offer interns autonomy to be creative and innovative while being mentored by our staff to deliver on key projects.
We are currently reviewing applications for the following positions for this summer (individual position descriptions below):
- Outreach and Partnership
- Communications and Marketing
- Women's and Gender Policy Research
- Women’s Leadership Institute Programs
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Commitment to getting results in a fast-paced environment and the ability to handle a heavy workload are essential. We expect interns to be available to work remotely at least 10 hours/week for at least 10 weeks during the summer. Schedule, start/end dates, and location are flexible.
Candidates should send a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to email@example.com, including INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in subject line. Check out our website for more information about the Impact Center: www.the-impact-center.org
Here’s what former interns have to say about their experience:
I couldn't have picked a better place to work than the Impact Center. They have great trust in their interns and are not afraid to give them challenging projects that are important to the organization.
Learning from other people how to manage and lead projects was the best part of my experience!
The Impact Center has a great sense of community. Everyone was willing to help each other on projects, which helped me to improve in many areas.
Outreach and Partnership Internship
This position offers an opportunity to gain substantive experience by helping the Impact Center and the Women’s Leadership Institute expand our network through strategic partnerships. Candidate may also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Founder and CEO and collaborate closely with other Impact Center staff. Highly organized candidates with a research background and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researching partnership prospects (outside groups that would likely partner with or donate to us).
- Working closely with CEO/Founder to engage existing stakeholders, Alumni, the Board of Directors, and the Leadership Council to support their outreach efforts.
- Developing a relationship management strategy using existing contact and donor databases.
- Includes continued development of the Women’s Executive Leadership Program Scholarship Fund.
- Consolidating and streamlining outreach efforts by developing standardized placemats, prospectus, and proposal templates.
- Researching and applying for relevant grants that align with our mission and develop templates for grant applications.
Communication and Marketing Internship
This position offers an opportunity to gain substantive experience by helping the Impact Center reach our network through social media and website communication. Candidate may also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Founder and CEO and collaborate closely with other Impact Center staff. Highly organized candidates with strong technical skills in social media and/or website administration with strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Expanding and updating our website to reflect our brand. Includes updating text, pictures, and videos.
- Creating communications and marketing materials, including collateral and proposals
- Strengthening our social media presence and maintaining the Impact Center’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Creating a YouTube channel and populating with existing videos.
- Writing up-to-date newsletters, communications for targeted campaigns, and invitations for special events to send out to the Impact Network.
Women's Leadership and Gender Policy Research
This position offers an opportunity to review research in Women’s Leadership and Gender differences. Candidate will also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute. Students in public policy or women’s studies with strong research and writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researching current scholarly articles, white papers and relevant data about women’s leadership development or gender (defined as the impact of brain based gender differences in leadership and on problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision making).
- Researching and compiling best practices of organizations and individual leaders that are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and inclusive society.
- Researching areas of expansion in women’s leadership (e.g., cultivating young leaders) or gender (e.g., bringing men into the conversation).
- Work with Communications and Marketing Intern to use information to establish thought leadership.
Women’s Leadership Institute Programs
This position is an opportunity to support programming and growth of the Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI). Candidate will also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute. Highly organized candidates with event planning experience, interest in adult education, and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Collaborating with the Director and Communications and Marketing Intern to plan, publicize, and execute special events for Fall programming, including several Retreats, Workshops, and a Women’s Leadership Forum.
- Updating existing curriculum and/or co-developing new curriculum and materials for women’s leadership programs.
- Preparing the application and selection process for the 2016 Women’s Executive Leadership Program, including identifying sources for individual outreach/marketing.