Join Our Team
Are you looking to make an impact? Spend your fall with the Impact Center! Our internship program offers excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial mission-driven organization.
The Impact Center is a national organization that empowers emerging and accomplished leaders to leverage their talents, skills, and passion in order to have a greater impact on their organizations, communities, and our society. The Impact Center is committed to developing the next generation of inclusive leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
The Impact Center’s internship program fosters professional development for graduate and undergraduate students in a variety of majors. Interns collaborate with our staff on key projects to develop strong analytical, research, and writing skills. Our internship program is unique because we offer interns autonomy to be creative and innovative while being mentored by our staff to deliver on key projects.
We are currently reviewing applications for the following positions for this fall (individual position descriptions below):
- Outreach and Partnership
- Women's and Gender Policy
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Commitment to getting results in a fast-paced environment and the ability to handle a heavy workload are essential. We expect interns to be available to work remotely at least 10 hours/week for at least 10 weeks during the fall. Schedule, start/end dates, and location are flexible.
Candidates should send a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in subject line.
Here’s what former interns have to say about their experience:
I couldn't have picked a better place to work than the Impact Center. They have great trust in their interns and are not afraid to give them challenging projects that are important to the organization.
Learning from other people how to manage and lead projects was the best part of my experience!
Outreach and Partnership Internship (2 positions available)
These positions offer an opportunity to gain substantive experience by helping the Impact Center expand our network through strategic partnerships. Candidate may also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Founder and CEO and collaborate closely with other Impact Center staff. Highly organized candidates with a research background and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include (divided based on interest/skill of applicants):
- Research partnership prospects (outside groups that would likely partner with or donate to us)
- Work closely with CEO/Founder to engage existing stakeholders, the Board of Directors, and the Leadership Council to support their outreach efforts
- Manage contacts/networks, track donations, and develop relationships with partner individuals and institutions through Salesforce CRM System
- Consolidate and streamline outreach efforts by developing standardized placemats, prospectus, and proposal templates
- Research and apply for relevant grants that align with our mission and develop templates for grant applications
Women's Leadership and Gender Intelligence Policy Internship (2 positions available)
These positions offer an opportunity to review research in two primary areas: (1) Women’s Leadership, and (2) Gender Intelligence. Candidate will also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Development and Policy Associate. Students in public policy or women’s studies with strong research and writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Research current scholarly articles, white papers and relevant data about women’s leadership development or gender intelligence (defined as the impact of brain based gender differences in leadership and on problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision making)
- Research and compile best practices of organizations and individual leaders that are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and inclusive society
- Research other organizations, non-profits, academics that we could potentially work with and partner with Development intern to expand target list
- Research areas of expansion in women’s leadership (e.g., cultivating young leaders) or gender intelligence
- Work with Communications and Marketing Intern to use information to establish thought leadership