Join Our Team
Program Associate (full-time)
The Impact Center is a premier non-profit leadership development organization for high-impact individuals and organizations. We give emerging and accomplished leaders the knowledge, skills and network they need to expand their impact on their organizations, their communities, and our society.
The Program Associate coordinates the delivery of leadership programs and events for women leaders and our clients and is a vital part of our work to make a positive impact on society. The Program Associate maintains the Impact Center’s communication channels through our website, email campaigns, and social media – the primary methods that we stay engaged with our broader Impact Network of leaders. Performing administrative tasks, such as managing travel and expenses for the Impact Center’s staff, are also an important responsibility in this role.
The ideal applicant is a highly-motivated early career professional passionate about women’s leadership development looking to hone already existing skills in communication. The Program Associate positon offers the opportunity for interaction with accomplished leaders in business and government (maintaining contact with a growing network will be a key responsibility of this position.)
Program Coordination (30%)
Serve as the point-person for programs and events to ensure flawless execution and delivery to women leaders and our clients. Includes support for program management; preparing workshop publications and teaching materials; coordinating trainings with clients; recruiting women to the select Women’s Executive Leadership Program; and logistics/site planning for bi-annual forums, retreats, and client workshops.
Communications and Marketing (40%)
Program Associate will expand and update the Impact Center website regularly to reflect our brand, which includes updating text, pictures, and videos. Develop communications and marketing materials, including collateral and proposals. Strengthen our social media presence and maintain the Impact Center’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube channel). Coordinate newsletters, communications for targeted campaigns, and invitations for special events to send out to the Impact Network.
Impact Center Support (30%)
Manage the office's internal operations, including travel and expenses for Impact Center staff. Input invoices and monitor payments. Maintain shared electronic files, update Impact Network contacts using Constant Contact and Salesforce, and serve as primary contact for Impact Center phone (RingCentral). May create documents and PowerPoint presentations as needed for Impact Center staff.
· Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Business, or Policy preferable) and 2+ years of work experience
· Passionate about developing leaders and contributing to the mission of a high-impact non-profit
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide variety of clients and leaders at all levels
· Strong writing skills
· Demonstrates initiative and able to work independently as well as part of a small team
· Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Aptitude for managing bookkeeping and client invoices
· Technical skills: MS Office software and social media experience required; Squarespace (website), Constant Contact and Salesforce experience a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com by April 15, 2015.
2015 Summer Intern
Are you looking to make an impact? Spend your summer with the Impact Center! Our internship program offers excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial mission-driven organization. The Impact Center is a national organization that empowers emerging and accomplished leaders to leverage their talents, skills, and passion in order to have a greater impact on their organizations, communities, and our society. The Impact Center is committed to developing the next generation of inclusive leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
The Impact Center’s internship program fosters professional development for graduate and undergraduate students in a variety of majors. Interns collaborate with our staff on key projects to develop strong analytical, research, and writing skills. Our internship program is unique because we offer interns autonomy to be creative and innovative while being mentored by our staff to deliver on key projects.
We are currently reviewing applications for the following positions for this summer (individual position descriptions below):
- Outreach and Partnership
- Communications and Marketing
- Women's and Gender Policy Research
- Women’s Leadership Institute Programs
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Commitment to getting results in a fast-paced environment and the ability to handle a heavy workload are essential. We expect interns to be available to work remotely at least 30-40 hours/week for at least 10 weeks during the summer. Schedule, start/end dates, and location are flexible.
Candidates should send a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in subject line. Check out our website for more information about the Impact Center: www.the-impact-center.org
Here’s what former interns have to say about their experience:
I couldn't have picked a better place to work than the Impact Center. They have great trust in their interns and are not afraid to give them challenging projects that are important to the organization.
Learning from other people how to manage and lead projects was the best part of my experience!
The Impact Center has a great sense of community. Everyone was willing to help each other on projects, which helped me to improve in many areas.
Outreach and Partnership Internship
This position offers an opportunity to gain substantive experience by helping the Impact Center and the Women’s Leadership Institute expand our network through strategic partnerships. Candidate may also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Founder and CEO and collaborate closely with other Impact Center staff. Highly organized candidates with a research background and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researching partnership prospects (outside groups that would likely partner with or donate to us).
- Working closely with CEO/Founder to engage existing stakeholders, Alumni, the Board of Directors, and the Leadership Council to support their outreach efforts.
- Developing a relationship management strategy using existing contact and donor databases.
- Includes continued development of the Women’s Executive Leadership Program Scholarship Fund.
- Consolidating and streamlining outreach efforts by developing standardized placemats, prospectus, and proposal templates.
- Researching and applying for relevant grants that align with our mission and develop templates for grant applications.
Communication and Marketing Internship
This position offers an opportunity to gain substantive experience by helping the Impact Center reach our network through social media and website communication. Candidate may also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Founder and CEO and collaborate closely with other Impact Center staff. Highly organized candidates with strong technical skills in social media and/or website administration with strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Expanding and updating our website to reflect our brand. Includes updating text, pictures, and videos.
- Creating communications and marketing materials, including collateral and proposals
- Strengthening our social media presence and maintaining the Impact Center’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Creating a YouTube channel and populating with existing videos.
- Writing up-to-date newsletters, communications for targeted campaigns, and invitations for special events to send out to the Impact Network.
Women's Leadership and Gender Policy Research
This position offers an opportunity to review research in Women’s Leadership and Gender differences. Candidate will also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute. Students in public policy or women’s studies with strong research and writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researching current scholarly articles, white papers and relevant data about women’s leadership development or gender (defined as the impact of brain based gender differences in leadership and on problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision making).
- Researching and compiling best practices of organizations and individual leaders that are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and inclusive society.
- Researching areas of expansion in women’s leadership (e.g., cultivating young leaders) or gender (e.g., bringing men into the conversation).
- Work with Communications and Marketing Intern to use information to establish thought leadership.
Women’s Leadership Institute Programs
This position is an opportunity to support programming and growth of the Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI). Candidate will also identify a special project with the Impact Center to add to their own professional portfolio. This position will report to the Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute. Highly organized candidates with event planning experience, interest in adult education, and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Collaborating with the Director and Communications and Marketing Intern to plan, publicize, and execute special events for Fall programming, including several Retreats, Workshops, and a Women’s Leadership Forum.
- Updating existing curriculum and/or co-developing new curriculum and materials for women’s leadership programs.
- Preparing the application and selection process for the 2016 Women’s Executive Leadership Program, including identifying sources for individual outreach/marketing.