Women's Executive Leadership Program Application
Thank you for your interest in the Women's Executive Leadership Program. For more detailed information about the Women’s Executive Leadership Program, visit our Program Overview.
Admission to the program is highly selective. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience within a corporate or professional organization. Most, but not all, applicants manage people and/or functions.
Successful applicants demonstrate:
- Significant accomplishments in their field
- Commitment to professional development and the ability to prioritize active participation in this program
- Openness to self-evaluation, honest feedback, and self-improvement
- A track record of continuous improvement
- An understanding of current professional challenges and how this program will help to address those challenges
- A shared commitment to helping others succeed and a willingness to invest in the success of colleagues in the program
- Desire to make a positive societal impact
TIPS: CREATING A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION
- Past participants tell us that completing a competitive application takes an investment of time, so plan more time than you think you need to meet the deadline.
- Ask others for feedback and input about the essay questions. Not only will this help you write a better essay, but it will provide valuable insights about how your leadership is perceived by others.
- Read the instructions and essay questions carefully.
There are two elements of the application: (1) Essay and (2) Resume/CV. Send both items in pdf format to Megan Himler at email@example.com no later than Monday, December 5.
- Create a document with standard 12-point Times New Roman font, single-spaced or use our template.
- Include at the top: Your name, job title, current employer, email address, phone number, and address.
- In 650 words or less, answer the following three questions with professional and/or personal experiences that reflect your leadership ability. Keep in mind the selection criteria, and take this opportunity to tell us how you fulfill the criteria.
- Speak to where you are in your leadership journey and discuss your leadership aspirations. How can this program help you at this stage of your career?
- Highlight your strengths and challenges as a woman leader. How could this program help you leverage your strengths and address your challenges?
- Tell us about your commitment to lifelong learning and growth, not only for yourself, but for others. How have you developed yourself and others through your leadership?
- Save file in pdf format entitled LASTNAME_APPLICATION for submission.
- Limit your resume to 3-pages.
- Include your name on each page.
- Save file in pdf format entitled LASTNAME_RESUME for submission.
Upon submission, you will receive confirmation of receipt once your application is checked to ensure it is complete. Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be notified in December. The last step of the selection process is a brief phone interview in early-mid January. The 2017 Class will be finalized and announced in early February.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Himler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Program and commitment to leadership and women's empowerment. We look forward to receiving your application.